Sunday 30 May 2010

shakespeare;

i was talking to my dad last night, and he said something, and was like "bet you dont know where that quote is from?"
so we started having a conversation about where it is from, but he would never tell me.
said i had to find out for myself...
so i spent an hour on the internet a 4am trying to find it, but i couldnt..
but in the process,
i found a website about shakespeares most famous quotes from all of his writing,
seriously.. im so glad my dad told me to reserch it, otherwise i would have never found all these life changing quotes.

"this is the very ectasy of love"
"he thinks too much; such men are dangerous"
"But love is blind, and lovers cannot see The pretty follies that themselves commit"
"the course of true love never did run smooth"
"love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind"
"tempt not a desperate man"
"nothing will come of nothing"
"theres daggers in men's smiles"
"look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't"
"i will wear my heart upon my sleeve for daws to peck at"
"the robbed that smiles steals something from the thief"
...
"be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them"
...
"love sought is good, but giv'n unsought is better"
"this is very midsummers madness"

No comments:

Post a Comment